CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 7, 2008

TGIF


Yeah, I know....I wrote a TGIF blog awhile back, but EVERY Friday is TGIF to me. Especially THIS week.


I feel like I've been beaten up spiritually, emotionally, and physically. It was NOT a good week for the elderly couple that I care for. Can you say cranky? LOL...'nuff said...


The presidential election (see previous blog) did a number on me spiritually and emotionally...


And the physical? Well, every day is a physical challenge.


I think God uses times like these to remind me to think not of how 'bad' things are, but how BLESSED I am.


So, I sucked it up and trudged forward. And I'm thankful for all that I DO have.


A few years ago I was in 'wallpaper' mode...can you say SOOO 70's?? LOL...we wallpapered one wall in our family room, top half only. Pretty floral print, but now I am SO over it, so early this morning I pulled things off the wall and painted over the wallpaper. Jim thought I was crazy....I reminded him of how horrific it was trying to get the wallpaper off the bathroom wall that had been there for literally decades before we moved in. Shannon can attest.

It was a perfect day for painting! Winds out of the east (yep, a santa ana) at about 20mph....84 degrees, just absolutely perfect, and my wall dried in no time flat. I feel such a sense of accomplishment! Looks kinda bare with nothing on it right now, but Christmas is coming up, and shelves are on my list.


Jim has the next four days off, which means I get to sleep in! Whoo-hoo! I still have to work on Mon/Tue, but at least I can wake up gently without that *@%$(# alarm clock blaring in my ear! Well.....maybe.....IF Casey allows me to sleep in. She's a little over a year old now and has adapted to our sleep schedule, so things are better.
I haven't seen my family in a week-I'm having withdrawls, but not to worry. Jessica's birthday party is tomorrow, and all will be there but Brian :(
I can't wait. After a week like this one, I feel the need to be around my family, where I can let my hair down, relax, enjoy good food, and fabulous company.
Have a good weekend! I know I will!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

wooohooooo no more floral wallpaper!