CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Rainy Day Projects

Wow-this rain is just something else! We need it SO badly, and I just know that our desertly-dry and parched ground is drinking deeply. And of course, I forgot to turn off the timer to my lawn sprinklers, so they got an extra 20 minute drink at 5:30 this morning....oops!

I've been battling 'the blues' today. Over the course of the last week, several people I care about and love have hurt my feelings by comments and actions. Then to add insult to injury, I awoke with a nasty sinus headache this morning. It happens when the barometric pressure changes so rapidly. After a good cry over my morning coffee, I decided that today would be the perfect day for a few indoor projects. I fixed Jim & I breakfast, then got down to bedrock.

There are alot of things in my closet that I can no longer wear, or just plain don't wear, so I weeded them out, got them bagged up & ready for the thrift store drop-off, and started on my dresser drawers. Jammies I don't wear, sweat pants, and a couple of sweatshirts. I'm sure someone will get good use out of them. It makes me feel good to give.

Good time to do laundry too-especially if your W/D is inside, like mine is. Helps heat up the house!

Did a few things on my computer that I haven't taken time to do lately...added a program and deleted alot of stuff out of folders....and don't forget-disk cleanup and defrag!

It's cold & windy outside-what better time than NOW to bake something! I went to Costco last weekend and got, among alot of things, a box of the Krusteaz Pumpkin/Spice Bread Mix...YUMM-O!
Ahhh....there's just nothing like something baking in the oven to give your home more of a 'homey' feel, huh? Especially on a cold/rainy/gray day. I cheated and didn't make stuff from scratch, but considering the fact that my head is still pounding, I consider it quite an accomplishment that ANYTHING got done today :0)

Tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

anytime you feel like cleaning closests and you discover yours is already clean.. come on over. I won't stop you! :) and again.. LOVE the wall in the family room!