CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Thoughts....

Just a few thoughts on this beautiful Sunday morning...random thoughts, in random order...I'm assuming that's okay in a blog. But hey wait....this is MY blog, so anything goes, right? LOL...

Jim's 55th birthday was Friday. Yeah, yeah, halloween. I don't celebrate halloween at all, but I also don't criticize those who do. It's an individual choice. I have to follow my own personal convictions, and hopefully I won't be criticized for that either, but oh well.

It was a good day in general. Did errands and such, then went over to Jimmy & Jessica's for dinner. After dinner, Jimmy & Jess waited eagerly for their trick-or-treaters, with a big bowl of candy ready to be passed out. So they waited....and waited....and waited. Finally, 2 showed up...and that was IT until quite awhile later, when a group of 5 or 6 kiddos showed up...you should have seen Jimmy & Shannon (who had brought HER candy over to pass out too, since she'd only had a handful at her place) race each other to the door to pass out THEIR candy...LOL...then it was over. No more trick-or-treaters. Shannon said the same thing happened at her place-very few trick-or-treaters. Weird, because they all live in a very populated area of town, and yet still got no more than about 10 kids altogether. Jess had even decorated the porch outside with cute orange lights and 'cobwebs', and the decor was complete with a halloween cd going in the cd player. After Brian, Katie & Shannon got there, we even joked about how maybe we should all dress up, go door to door, and pass out candy instead of asking for it...no one had costumes, sooo....just strange since it was a Friday night...

I don't know about you, but I have had it up to HERE with politics this year. Unending phone calls by candidates asking for your vote, endless flyers in the mail by said candidates, and flyers in the mail from various groups suggesting how you should vote. Then there's the news....UGH. Ok so I know it's an important election, and I'm not minimizing that, but give us a break already! I do take my obligation to vote very seriously, and I do pray about just how I should vote. I read the proposed propositions, and I read about each candidate, then I vote my conscience. Jim & I vote by absentee ballot, and our votes have been decided, and our ballots mailed, so I've done my job. I'm just thankful that there's only 2 more days until maybe we can get a break from all this political stuff. Elections are an evil necessity in life I suppose, and I'm just glad it doesn't happen every year!

The weather....wow...we are SO blessed to have the weather that we have, but in all honesty, I'm looking forward to some RAIN. I am NOT a 'rain' person. But geez louise, we need it desperately. We need it for SO many reasons, one being to clear the air of pollutants and allergens. My allergies have been running amok for weeks now, as I'm sure everyone else's has too. Just a nice, slow, gentle rain, to soak into the ground, that's all. We've been hearing all week on the news about how there's a shot at rain this weekend. We're still waiting. But then, if you look at the percentage chance (30% at last report) you should know that the odds are NOT in favor of rain. Ah well, our rainy season is just beginning. Maybe we'll get lucky later on.

The time change had me up before 5am this morning. Well, before 5am AFTER I'd already set the clock back last night before bed. I guess that means I was up before 4am. No wonder I'm already ready for a nap! I wish it would stay daylight savings time year-round. I don't like it when it starts getting dark at 4pm during the winter months. It just doesn't seem 'right'...

November is here, and with it comes Jessica's birthday (on the 10th), Jessica LaTour's baby shower on the 15th, and of course Thanksgiving. We'll be having our Thanksgiving feast the day after Thanksgiving so that eveyone can be here. We'll do the same for Christmas. It's actually better for us, because no one has to rush through a meal or opening presents because they have go somewhere else. The day is relaxing, and full of fun, laughter, and love. It's all about family, the thing nearest and dearest to our hearts. I can't wait!

Well, time to get my day started. After breakfast I'm off to Poway to treat myself and get my van washed/cleaned at Body Beautiful, then a couple of other stops before my final stop at Costco-one of my favorite places!

Have a good week....

0 comments: