CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Yard Sale

I just finished helping to close up what is my final yard sale. I'm done with them, period.

Nope, I'm not throwing a fit, or ticked off, or anything like that. It just is what it is-too much work, and too time consuming for what I ended up with. Oh, I'm grateful that I now have a little more cash than I started with at 0700 yesterday morning.

All but a couple of my 'bigger' ticket items sold. I still have the monitor left, as well as the printer, a night stand, and a computer chair. Guess people weren't in the market for those particular things. But boy did my piddly little junky things sell like hotcakes-I was amazed!

Alissa & Justen set up their own cookie/lemonade stand, and in 2 days made around $22....not bad, and they really worked for it. It was THEIR responsibility to man their 'station' and serve customers, and they did an awesome job! Of course, Grandma and Grandpa, and Aunties Shannon & Katie all bought goodies from them, as did their dad & stepmom. Hey, gotta give the kids some encouragement to keep going, right? They will split the money 50/50 and each gets to spend their share as they choose. Good lesson for them-money isn't free, you have to WORK for it-and they did.

Money aside, I really DID get alot accomplished over the past 2 weeks, the biggest and proudest accomplishment for me being that my guest room actually LOOKS like a guest room now. No more clutter-yippee! I have a few things to transfer from that closet into the shed outside, but for now it's out of sight-and that works for me....for the moment.

Tomorrow Jim & I will go back over to Jimmy & Jess' and load up the boxes of leftovers that they have, and on Tuesday we'll take them to the thrift store and donate everything.

But we did have a good time visiting with Jimmy, Jess and the grandkids, as well as Shannon & Katie, who stopped in to visit, and chatting with the nice people that came and either browsed or bought something. There are alot of real nice folks in Ramona.

Jim & I are exhausted. We're SO glad to be done.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree with that they take to much work. So what we do is find a family who needs things kind of networking and we are part of a free cycle groups on the internet and its helped. last resort is the threft stores in town.