CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blessed

This is the time of year that I start compiling my family newsletter to send out with Christmas cards. In doing so, it causes me to pause, reflect, and give thanks to the Lord for His provision, sustenance, and blessings over the past year. I should be giving thanks EVERY day, and I do, most of the time, but there are days when I just don't. That being said, I'm going to list some of the many things that I am most thankful for:

My salvation through Jesus Christ-I am guaranteed eternity with Him....

My husband-who has defined 'for better or for worse' so well, and has loved me even at my most unlovable, and 'in sickness and in health', which again he's defined well, mostly in the 'sickness' part.

My kids Jim, Brian & Shannon-I love them more than life itself. I have been SO blessed by them. They are always just so there for their dad and me. I am blessed because they all live nearby, and I hear so many people say they wished their kids/grandkids lived closer...I am blessed because not only are these people our kids, but they're our friends as well...and we get together often.

Our 2 beautiful daughters-in-law Katie & Jessica. We are SO blessed to have them as members of our family. They are genuine, caring, family-oriented women who have made our sons so incredibly happy. I'm not sure that these 2 ladies know just how much Jim & I love them.

Our precious-beyond-words grandbabies. How we are blessed by them! They have caused us to see life through their eyes, and gives us a whole new respect for children. And best of all....they LOVE Grandma & Grandpa! :)

Our kid's friends, who are more like family to us. They too, are SO there if we need them...awesome people our kids have chosen as friends!

We have jobs. Even in today's scary world of employment, or lack of, Jim & I are both in the kind of jobs that would be hard to eliminate.

We have a roof over our heads, heat in the winter, a/c in the summer. Our little mobile home isn't much to look at, but it's HOME, and we love it here. It's our little sanctuary that we can 'escape' to amid all the unrest, and feel safe and secure.

Food in the cupboard, clothes on our backs, and of course, our beloved kitties, who help to make our world a nicer place.

The list goes on, but suffice to say, I feel SO blessed, despite everything. I will NOT complain.

I am blessed....beyond measure.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! God Bless~

0 comments: