CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Surprise!

Wow, did I ever get a BIG surprise yesterday!

We had our family dinner at Jimmy & Jess' place last night. Had to be there at 5:30. But what I didn't know is that the 5:30 time was only for Jim & me. We pulled up & I said 'Geez, are we late or something? Everyone else is here, on time for a change!'

We made our way to the back yard, and greeted everyone...I picked Peyton up to say hi, and then someone took her from me and said 'Someone else is here too'....so I turned around, and who is standing there but my baby brother! Ok, so maybe NOT a 'baby' (It's HIS turn for the 'Big 5-Oh' this year), but he'll always be 'the baby' to me. Dave lives in Oklahoma, and I haven't seen him in nearly 10 years, since our mom passed away. My family thought it'd be neat if they flew him out here in time for the wedding, and to spend a few days with us. So that's what they did!

We had an absolutely wonderful family dinner, full of hugs, laughs, last minute wedding plans, an announcement that a new baby is on the way for my niece Willow and her hubby Kevin, and good food to boot! Brian says I'm easy to surprise....probably because I'm 50% deaf, so I don't hear half of what anyone says during these gatherings. LOL...ah well, it is what it is, right? Maybe someday I'll be blessed with hearing aids, huh? There's always hope!

In the meantime, what an awesome surprise....and and even MORE awesome family. Thx you guys, I love you, and I love how you love me....YOU ROCK!!

0 comments: