CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Sons

Ok, so after the blog about my beautiful 'girls', I realized that I have yet to brag about my handsome sons....my bad! My firstborn, belonging to Jessica, is Jim, there on the left. My 'baby' boy, on the right, is Brian, and he belongs to Katie.

What can I say about these two? Best sons ever, for starters! Best big brothers I could have ever asked for, for their 'little' sister, best husbands to the women who love them, and best daddies to their children...they make me SO incredibly proud.

My 'boys' are so special, and very near and dear to my heart. I am blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with each of them. They look out for their mom & dad, a quality that thrills me! They've both told us that if there's ever a time that mom & dad need to be taken care of, they're there for us, and that as long as they can help it, neither mom OR dad will ever end up in a 'home'...our future is secure.

They're men of integrity, always striving to do the right thing. The bond that I share with my sons is something that I cherish beyond words. It's said that most times, sons are more strongly bonded to their father than they are to their mother. I beg to differ. I've had heart-to-hearts with my sons, and trust me, we've covered it ALL. Above all, I love the honesty that we share. Yes, at times, the truth DOES hurt, but we always get past it and move on.

I watch my sons with their children, and my heart is thrilled. They're very hands-on daddies, and my heart swells with joy as I see them interact with their kids much in the same way their own father interacted with them. I know they will be awesome fathers-they already are!

I am blessed with these sons that God has given to me, and my hope is that Jim & I have trained them up well...so far, it seems as though we have.

Thank You Lord, for my precious sons. May they, as parents, be as blessed by their children as we have been.

Blessings!

0 comments: