CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Laughlin

We just got home from Laughlin today. Had a wonderful time! It was SO good to escape reality for a few days, but now it's back to the 'real world'

Laughlin was HOT! 115 both days....whew! But....'it's a dry heat'...LOL...and it was. We were surprised when we went to Bullhead City, AZ and saw the temp gauge. It felt hot, but not THAT hot.

We got to Laughlin about 3pm on Tue, and basically just stayed at the hotel for the remainder of the day. That evening I needed to go to B of A to make a withdrawl, and soon found out that the little ATM drive-thru that we've visited before is no longer there. We figured surely there must be a B of A across the bridge in Bullhead City, so we popped on over there, and after quite awhile looking, we pulled in and got directions. Not being real familiar with the area, we assumed that the bank would be on the main drag....NOT. We found the bank eventually, I went to the walk-up ATM and made my request. They wouldn't give me my money! Did an inquiry and found several hundred dollars LESS than I just KNEW we had. Short of a complete meltdown at that point, while we high tailed it back to the hotel where the checkbook was, I'm telling Jim, 'Honey, there's obviously a horrible mistake, and NOT on MY part!'...I was thisclose to tears. Paid a fortune to go online and check my bank account. Ah HA!! There it is! I'd paid my cell bill that morning, and on my bank statement it was listed THREE times! I hopped on the phone to AT & T, and, remembering that it is NOT the person I'm talking to's fault, I explain my situation, calmly....sort of....ok ok, just shy of panic and rage.... He assures me that only ONE transaction went through, and that I should call my bank, which of course I did as soon as I hung up with him. Talked to a rep at B of A, who saw the obvious boo-boo....(yeah, a HUGE 'boo-boo'!), and of course he fixed it, and assured me that the funds were there should I need them. Geez Louise! Nothing like a near nervous breakdown on the first day of vacation, huh?!

Wed we played a little, and shopped ALOT. They have this really cool Outlet Center in the heart of town, and it's a MUST for me when I go...gotta shop till I drop...and I did, but hey, I figure what I bought over there I didn't gamble away, right? I've been wanting to finish the decor in our guest bathroom, a sea shell theme, but could never quite find what I liked. Wed. I was successful, and now my guest bath is about 99% complete, decor-wise. I'm thrilled! Jim got a much-needed pair of work boots at half the price that we would have paid for here, and a new pair of tennis shoes too...

The hotel was nice, but it's at the end of the strip, up on a hill, so in order to go where we wanted to, we had to drive to the center of town, park, and walk. Next time we'll get a hotel in the heart of town-not so much driving that way. The riverwalk was beautiful, as usual, and a good way to work off dinner, at least walk off dinner to the point where you have just enough room for an ice cream cone before calling it a night ;)

It was SO nice to not have the distractions of everyday life, and Jim & I have some of our most meaningful conversations on long road trips. We decided to beat the heat and leave early this morning for home, so at 6am we were on the road. Stopped for breakfast about 9, and got home about noon. It's been busy ever since, unpacking, laundry, checking/answering email, oh yeah, and getting the new things set up in the guest bath. A trip to the post office to collect the mail we had held, and a short trip to the store for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow I'll finish up laundry, and wash the icky gross bugs off my van. But for tonight, I....am....DONE.

It's so good to be home.

Until next time....blessings!

0 comments: