CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Family Ties

No, not the sitcom....the REAL thing!

We're 10 days out from the wedding. Everyone has been so incredibly busy the past few weeks, and the other night as I was sitting on my porch swing, I was thinking about how nice it'd be to have a family night again, where everyone could be together and just kind of reconnect and regroup as a 'unit'. Lo and behold, Jimmy called me tonight. 'Hey mom, we were thinking it'd be nice to have a family dinner next Wed night. You know, just to hang together and relax and decompress a little'....I couldn't agree more!

You see, that's what our family does. We regroup on a regular basis. Whether it's getting together to watch a football game, or getting together just because....it's what we do. Good times AND bad. If a little too much time passes without a family get together, someone always makes the comment 'it's time to get together again', and plans are immediately in the works to try to figure out everyone's schedules, and also a day where Brian & Shannon actually have the same day off so that we can ALL attend.

It's the same way with holidays. We pick a time where everyone can be here, and we plan accordingly. Sometimes we have Christmas on Dec. 26th...even the 23rd if need be, as long as it's a time that works for the whole family. That's one of the things I love most about my family-we're all pretty flexible....

I'm thrilled that my family loves spending time together-there's just no better feeling in the world.

Family ties that can never be broken. What a gift.

Until next time....Blessings~

0 comments: