CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brrrr!!

Before I begin on 'Brrr', I just wanted to let you know that Rudolph is a little shy. Ok, Ok, so he's not shy...he's half hidden!! I downloaded this template because it's just so darling, and, as with the last template I downloaded, only half the picture is there. Being rather computer illiterate, I'm not quite savvy enough on how to move things around so the FULL picture shows....oh well, you get the gist...

It's just freaking COLD outside! 37 right now, and our high today was 44....ok, yes, I know. It's ALOT colder in other parts of the country. But we're talking SoCal standards. This is COLD for us 'weather wimps'! Could be worse, right? Like Oregon, where my cousin Kathy lives. I just signed off of IM with her about 30 min. ago, and it was a whopping 8 degrees. Or in the Northeastern part of the U.S....well.....let's just say 'bitterly cold' is a huge understatement!

It was a perfect day to stay INdoors and get some things done. And get things done I did! I have a china cabinet built into a wall in my living room. It has 4 drawers down the middle, and 2 cupboards on the bottom, one on each side. Now, I've always prided myself on the fact that I am NOT a pack rat. But during this time of getting ready to decorate for Christmas, I discovered, via the drawers and cupboards in the china cabinet, that I could very well be on my way to becoming a pack rat. Oh nooooo!!

So, I worked like a banshee, and boy did I get rid of alot of 'stuff'....it's amazing how easy it is to just stuff something in a cupboard or drawer and forget it. LOL...believe it or not, I found stuff in there from 1994, which in itself is sad, but we've only been in this place not quite 11 years! How sad is THAT? Never mind that I am married to a pack rat, and the stuff from 1994 was old union papers of HIS, the fact remains that we brought it HERE! Aarrgghh!! I am proud to say that it is now in the recycle bin outside, awaiting Wednesday's trash pick-up. And my drawers and cupboards are now nice and clean, and organized!

I even managed to go through the latest stack of pictures, and get them into proper 'piles'. I did this about 3 years ago-went through every picture and put them into albums. Then after Jim's parents died, we inherited twice as many pictures to go through. So I now have 3 neat 'piles'. One for us to keep (and put into yet another album), one for Jim's sister, and one for my kids to go through the next time they're here. It was actually pretty neat, sitting here going through family history by the way of old pictures. Once my trip down memory lane was done, I felt good about what I've accomplished today. One less thing to do tomorrow.....

The weather here is supposed to be wicked this week: everyone around here, please be careful while out & about & driving. Have a good and safe week...God Bless!

1 comments:

Jessica and Sean said...

How did I miss that you started a blog? I am glad you emailed me. Yes it is VERY cold outside. Rudolph wasn't half hidden for me so I think you are good...such a cute template!