CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back To Reality

Yep, the holidays are over. Time to get back to reality.

Reality reared it's ugly head awhile back, and gave me yet another reason to worry, although I try hard not to. I keep reminding myself to give everything to God, that He will take care of us....but for some reason, I keep taking everything I give Him back! Grrr!!

Our illustrious Governor, 'Uncle Arnie'-I call him that because I can't spell his last name-has said that if the federal government doesn't bail California out by February, state employees won't have a paycheck. Now, I don't know if this means ALL state employees, or just some. Jim is a state employee, once removed. His paycheck comes from the school district, who is funded, of course, by the state. I can't fathom how all state employees wouldn't receive a check, it just doesn't make sense, which means it probably won't happen.

And, of course, if Jim doesn't get a paycheck, well....well, I don't want to 'go there', because basically we'll be S.O.L....

So, I guess it's time for me to dig deeper for faith, because faith is the ONLY thing that will carry us ('us' meaning everyone) through these hard times. Time to quit freaking out about where the money is coming from to pay the bills, and time to quit losing sleep over things I have no control over. Time to lay EVERYTHING at the feet of Jesus. After all, He cares for me. He has plans to prosper me and not harm me. Plans for hope and a future.

Now THAT'S a reality check!

Blessings!

0 comments: