CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

The Benefits Of Rain

Well, in the past 20 hours or so, Ramona alone has gotten 1.59" of rain. Now, those of you who know me, know that I am NOT a 'rain' person. I don't like it. Period. I get wet. It makes for a bad hair day. It's inconvenient. I can't 'run' in & out of stores for fear of falling. There are ALOT of accidents....and the list goes on.....

BUT, as I sit here, God reminds me of all the GOOD benefits of rain. Here are a few:

1. The earth is parched. It (like us) needs water to survive and to help us thrive.
2. Our lawns/shrubs/flowers/trees get watered...for FREE.
3. Fields grow, so that cattle can graze.
4. If our cars are parked out in the open, they get washed....for FREE.
5. Rain clears the air of pollutants and airborne allergens-a BIG plus for us allergy-sufferers!
6. It causes fire-prone vegetation to 'green up', thus reducing fire potential-for now anyway.

I could go on, but I think you get my drift. So, even though it's a little inconvenient, there ARE things to do when it rains.

Grab your kitty, or your kid, or your doggy, and curl up in a chair, cover up in a nice, warm blankie, and grab a good book. Read to the baby, or simply enjoy your book of choice. Oh, and while you're at it, a nice cup of hot cocoa or coffee hits the spot too!

Pop a movie in the DVD player-sentimental love stories are GREAT for times like these! Don't forget the Kleenex! :)

Or do like I did yesterday. Take the time and go through cupboards, drawers, and closets. You'll be amazed at how fast the time flies when you're going through these things! And at the end of the day, you'll be SO thankful for the rain that 'slows' us down.

Thank You, Lord, for giving us and our parched land a nice shower!

I know I am! Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe I hear a cup of hot cocoa calling my name.....

1 comments:

Shannon said...

or go to work and help all the dorks who are speeding in the crazy weather..