CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Ramblings


Yay! It's Friday! I'm happy about that! I love Fridays....it means that I have the next 2 days off, with NO committments! Well, sort of....


One reason I'm happy that today is Friday, is that this is Jim's last day of work. He's on vacation for the next 3 weeks, which means that I don't have to set that freakin' alarm clock for the next 3 weeks, and boy does that make me happy! No HAVING to get up at 4:30 am! I'll be able to sleep in till at least, oh, maybe 5:30 am IF I'm lucky! I think I'll go easy on Jim for his first week. He's been working so hard, and deserves a rest. The second week of his vacation will be spent in Las Vegas at his union conference. At conference, it's 90% work and 10% 'play', seriously. I've been to conference with him from time to time over the years, mostly during the last couple of days, and it really is alot of work. So, that brings us to the third and final week of his vacation. I'll cut him some slack the first couple of days after he gets home, then I'll whip out my 'honey do' list! No way is he getting off by having 3 whole weeks to rest and play, and do a 'little' work...unh unh, NOT gonna happen! LOL....good thing he's not the type to sit around and do nothing!


See, we have this kitten. Her name is Casey. She's a year old. She's also our very own little terrorist. She's got it in her mind that Mom absolutely MUST feed her by 5:30 am or she will starve to death. Nevermind that she, along with the other furry 'kids', has a feeder for her eating pleasure, available to her 24 hours a day. No, that simply will not do. 'Mom MUST be up....BEFORE the sun is, so that she can feed me my wet food!'....Now, alot of cats will simply come up onto the bed and gently nudge their humans awake. Not Casey. No. That won't work. Casey pounces. Repeatedly....over and over again, just like Tigger. And she's QUICK! After she uses my body as a springboard, she dashes away before I can reach up to smack her and tell her 'Casey, NO!' And just as soon as I think I'm 'safe' to doze back off....there she is AGAIN! And again, until I finally say to heck with it and stumble out of bed....Ah well, cats are creatures of habit, and if we humans get them into the habit of eating early in the morning, we have no one to blame but ourselves if we can't sleep in....Casey also likes paper towels. She likes to unroll them. It's fun....for HER! Not so fun for mom, who, of course, has to take the paper towels she's unrolled and use them for floor wipe-ups after she's gotten wild on the kitchen floor while chasing her mice-TOY mice-and run headfirst into the water bowl. Ugh....good thing we love her! I captured a kodak moment with her after her last paper towel unrolling-doesn't she look proud of herself? Good thing we love her!


Mary Kay continues to improve, and will be coming home on Sunday. I'll be going to pick her up, since I think it'll be easier for her to get in & out of my van, versus her little car. It's been busy, going down to the skilled nursing facility in RB every day, and today is the last day for that. So Monday I should get back to my 'normal' schedule, thank goodness!
Peyton has a tooth! Saw it last Sunday while we were all together to celebrate Justen's 8th birthday. Was kind of bummed, because that means that she's moving out of the 'baby' baby stage, and headed towards toddlerhood. Yes, it was bound to happen sooner or later, but geez, where did the time go? Alissa is already 10, and Justen 8...when did THAT happen???
An update on the car situation involving my niece Willow & her hubby Kevin...well, their faith saw them through, and God provided...
Backing up to last week's car fiasco...the tranny went out on their Honda Odyssey...SO, Jim & I decided to go up to Temecula, where they were camping, load up all their camp stuuf, and bring it back here to store in our guest room until they could get the van back. We headed out, and long about North County Fair, the front brakes went out in MY van! Of course, we headed back home, and the next day (Thur) Kev & Willow crammed their camping stuff in Kev's little Honda Civic, and brought it here, then went back up to Temecula, picked up the kids, and headed home. Somewhere, in the middle of NOwhere I'm sure, the engine in Kev's Honda blew up. So, there they are, all 6 of them, spending several of the midnight hours on the road, until the tow truck could come and rescue them. They got back to AZ, but now they have NO vehicles. They have a van like mine in AZ...in the shop...and a van in Escondido, in the shop, and a Honda Civic that has breathed it's last. Kev was told by 2 different mechanics to just junk it because it'd cost more to fix than it's worth. Kev & Willow know that their stimulus check is in their PO Box in AZ, so that'll help. So they head off on their bicycles to the Post Office....TEN miles away-one way! In 115 degree heat! BUT, because of their trust in the Lord, He saw them through, and provided enough to get BOTH vans up and running! Today Jim & I will go to Escondido and pick up the Honda, and Kev & Willow will pick up their Dodge van in AZ, and will head out here this weekend to do the camping thing again, and to pick up the Honda...and Kevin can go back to work-thank You Lord!
Well, I'm outta here...gonna be another crazy/busy day, but I do thank God that even though I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off (gross, isn't it?), I'm reminded that God has given me the stamina to be crazy/busy.......
Until next time....Blessings!

0 comments: