CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Through a Child's Eye





Ok, I've made my first attempt at uploading pictures for my blog. Now if I can just learn how to line this up properly, I'll be doing good! Ah well, maybe I'll figure it out by the end of this post-but if not, then at least the pictures are posted, and that's the important thing, right?
Now then, onto my thoughts for today.....My grandkids are amazing.....I'm sure they're no more amazing to me than other grandkids are to THEIR grandmas. On the left are pics of our beloved grandkids. Alissa, on the top, is the firstborn of our beautiful blonde-hair-blue-eyed Princesses. She's 10. Justen, our very own little Prince Charming, just turned 8, and Peyton, our newest little Princess, is just 6 months old.
I guess the way that they amaze me is when I try to look at things from THEIR perspective. I look at each of them, and I can see the 'wheels' turning in their little minds. Everyday things that we, as adults, have seen or experienced hundreds of times, that they are seeing or experiencing, maybe for the first time. I love watching them learn. It's exciting to watch that little lightbulb go on over their heads. "Ah, I get it now!' Or, 'Wow! I didn't know that!'. The two older kids are at an age where we can carry on an honest-to-goodness conversation with them. They really teach us more than we teach them I think!
We had Peyton for a little while last night. The heat finally let up and it was a beautiful summer evening. I hoisted Peyton on my hip, and we went outside for a bit. She was fascinated by everything, but most especially by the rustling of the trees. She loves trees. She could stare at them for hours. Then something else caught her attention. Pretty flowers in our neighbor's yard. She just started at them, mezmerized. I told her, 'Those are flowers, Peyton.' Then a car drove by. She looked at it. 'That's a car, Peyton'. I just kept naming the things that she looked at. That's how they learn to identify things, by us telling them what those objects are that they're so enthralled by. Then two of her VERY favorite things to look a came by. Her Uncle Jimmy & Aunt Jess. She got all excited! Of course, giggles followed, and she got to spend a few minutes of quality time with them. After they left, Grandma & Peyton spend some quiet time on the porch swing. Really took me back to when Alissa & Justen were babies, and I rocked them on that swing too. She just sat there next to Grandma, looking at everything, taking everything in. I sure wish I could have gotten into her little mind to see what she was thinking. All too soon, mommy came to collect the munchkin, but the short time we spent with her really left an impression on me. Made me REALLY think about what goes on in their little minds, and how fascinating it is to watch them see & learn things for the first time. I guess, just maybe, that they teach US about the simpler things in life.
We are blessed, in that our grandkids all live here in town, so we see them often. We have family get-togethers whenever possible, so Grandma & Grandpa get to be a big part of their lives. It's so awesome!
Lord, help me to teach our grandchildren things that will help make their world better, but MOST importantly, help me teach them about You.
Until next time....Blessings to you


0 comments: