CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Royal Family Diaries

Hey Everyone! Weclome to The Royal Family Diaries! Don't laugh at the title....after all, what did you expect with a name like KING?!

Be merciful, this is uncharted territory for me. I finally came to more of an understanding of my myspace page, so decided to venture out and start my own blog...I know, I'm behind the times, but hey, wait for me and I'll catch up!

Well, basically, I'm just your average Jane. I love my Lord, my family, and my furry kids. I can talk about any of them for hours.

I've been married to the same man for 34 years-and that's pretty darn good by today's standards. We met as kids-literally! Jim was our paperboy, WAY back in the days of bicycle paper routes. Long before motorized routes became the only method of paper delivery. We've been together since 1972-can you believe that???! We've been through so much together, and now we're headed towards retirement in the next 5 or 6 years. I can't wait! NO MORE ALARM CLOCK!!! Yay!

I have the 3 best kids that God ever created. Jim, Brian, and Shannon. They are my heroes. Even though they're adults, I constantly learn from them. The women that my sons have chosen to be their wives have been such a huge blessing. Jessica and Katie add so much to our family, and we are so incredibly thankful to have them in our lives.

My 3 grandbabies, Alissa, Justen, and Peyton, complete our family circle, for now. There will be more grandbabies to come, and Jim & I are so looking forward to that!

I love cats. I have 6 of them. No, I'm not crazy (although there are those who will challenge that statement!) They are my furry 'kids'. Each one has his/her own personality, and are precious to us, entrusted into our care by God. We have so many funny 'moments' with them, and some scary ones too, but overall, I can't imagine my life without them. Heck, I like my cats MORE than I do some humans!

I am a caregiver for the elderly. That's my calling in life. I love old people. They are such a wealth of knowledge and wisdom, and they have wonderful stories of yesteryear. It's so sad that so many fall through the cracks of society.

Well, I guess that's about it for this post. Until we meet again....blessings!

2 comments:

gijaneret said...

I'd say that's pretty darned good for a first one cuz. lol You might even get ME to start blogging.
kath

Unknown said...

Six cats - wow. Do they each have their own bedroom? I read some do in those over-pampered homes, their own pet door entrances to each room, you name it.

So congratulations on your new venture. I've thought about it, too, but - man - I'm so busy --- someday probably