CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday Blurbs

Good Evening All!

It's been a marathon month, but I think things are FINALLY starting to settle down...at least for the moment. There's still a wedding that is now only about 5 1/2 weeks away, which brings me to my first blurb...Those closest to me know that I absolutely HATE dress shopping for myself. I can never seem to find just what I want in the color that I want or in the style that I want. I think God knows this. I'm sure He does. I get a mental picture, but can never seem to find it in the 'real world'. Today was no exception. I had an idea of what I wanted to wear for Jimmy & Jess' special day, so I made the trek down to Ross in Escondido. Going through the numerous racks of dresses, and all I can find is GRANNY dresses! Definitely NOT in the style, color, or size that I'm looking for. Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking...'Penny, you ARE a Grandma!'. Yes, I'll give you that. I'm a Grandma 3 times over, but that doesn't mean that I have to LOOK like a Grandma, right? Ok, scratch Ross. I'll swing by North County Fair, it's on my way home.
I get to NCF, walk in the door of Sears, and this beautiful blouse just seems to jump right out at me! And it's on the clearance rack! Yippee! I grab it-it's my size! Oh joy! Oh and look at this! It's marked down to $9.99! It's beige, and lacy, and very feminine, just perfect. Does life get any better??? Ok, so...now I need a skirt. No problem, a brown skirt will be great. Oh there they are, on yet another clearance rack! Whoo-hoo! Oh and whaddya know? Just my size! Better try them on together to make sure it's a 'go'....and it IS! Oh man, do I feel blessed! Something that looks good on me AND fits! Yay! I am SO done shopping! I check out. (By the way, the skirt was on sale for $17.99, but at the register, it was marked down to $15.00!), so I got the whole outfit for less than $26.00! Yeehaw!
Now for the REAL test-the approval of my kids! I stop by Jimmy & Jess' house on the way home-they both REALLY liked it! Of course, the wedding colors being predominately brown & yellow, it blends right in, and I won't stick out like a sore thumb in the pictures. And of course, I want my kids to be proud of me. I think/hope Brian, Katie & Shannon will like the outfit!

Got my computer fixed today. I've been having trouble with the monitor and these weird squiggly squares on it, so decided to chat live with a Dell tech. That went well, until my computer shut down as the guy was tinkering with it-yes, HE was tinkering with it-from INDIA! He asked permission to access my computer, and it was pretty funky watching my mouse move all over the screen...turns out it was the video card. This was decided after 3 hours on the phone with the guy from India...good thing it was an 800 number! Long story short, they ordered the part, and a Dell tech came to my house today and had the new video card in in less than 10 seconds-amazing! And now no more irritating squiggly squares on my monitor! It's clear as a bell-YAY! Maybe those squares were the beginning of the end of the video card, huh?

Jim's in Vegas this week for his annual union conference. I talked to him today while I was on my way up the hill after my happy-ending-dress-buying mission. No worries, I had my hands-free headset on. The conference is going well. They're actually finishing up things earlier than planned, which, of course, means more 'free' time. Translated, that means more 'PLAY' time....he's bummed. Says the stars must not be aligning right or something because he's not winning. I told him, 'Do NOT lose everything! Mama needs new shoes!' Literally!.....

Until next time....God Bless!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

still love the outift. It is perfect!