CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summertime/Fantasy Football

One of the things I love about summertime is the lesser amount of laundry that I do. This was especially true when my kids were growing up. I did an average of 12 loads per week, and more in winter! Of course, that included both school AND play clothes, but summertime was shorts and t-shirt (or NO shirt for my boys) time, and made this mommy's chores alot lighter! Even now that it's just Jim & I at home, laundry is a breeze, with shorts & t-shirts, and summertime jammies...

Summer evenings are an absolute delight lately. Have you noticed the significant change in our weather pattern this year? It's nowhere near as hot as summers past. I just LOVE sitting outside on my porch swing during sunset. Not only is it a beautiful sight to behold, but all seems so quiet at about that time. Folks are home from work, and probably inside eating dinner and unwinding from yet another day at the grindstone. Even the neighborhood doggies seem quiet. Shortly thereafter, the neighborhood comes alive again, with families taking evening walks, and people walking their dogs. I love watching the activity!

Talk about good sleeping weather-we have it! Cool enough, in fact, to pull not only the sheet up, but the lightweight bedspread as well...downright chilly! But oh so wonderful to NOT have 75 degree nights when sleep evades us...

It's also Fantasy Football time! My family is SO into it! We're meeting at Brian & Katie's tonight to choose our teams. I'm not playing...I just never could grasp football, but I love getting caught up in the excitement and good-natured teasing that goes along with it...I'll play 'babysitter' to Peyton-hey, someone's gotta watch the kid, right?

Last year Summer (Brian Hathaway's fiancee) was the champ-and she's determined to hang onto her title this year too...way to go Gingy Snap! It'll be a fun season, and will give us yet one more good 'excuse' to have a family BBQ after the season is finished....so off we go!

Until next time....Blessings to you!

0 comments: