CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

RAIN!!

Yippee! It's raining! Well, sort of. More like a light sprinkle, but boy do we ever need it badly!

For those of you who really know me, you know that I am NOT a rain lover. But we've been SO parched and dry, and all kinds of allergy-producing junk in the air, and we've needed something like this to clear the air. I love the smell of rain, and even better is the CLEAN refreshing smell after a good rain. Just suck it into your nostrils snd enjoy!

Of course, with this current rain, there's also the stifling humidity-that's a BIG ugh...but that's also when we go outside, enjoy the water falling from the sky, then come back inside, where the AC is running 24/7...I really do sympathize with those who don't have AC....

Oh and of course, there's just enough rain to not really drench everything, but it does do a good job of mucking up the car! Took a trip to Wally's this morning, and by the time I got home, there was not only wet dust, but some kind of oily substance all over my van. Just nasty, and I'm sure not good for the paint job... That meant a trip to Jerry's B Street Car Wash. So now my van has no more of that nasty whatever-it-was on it. 7 bucks well spent in my opinion.

Enjoy the rain while it lasts. Even though we're fast approaching our 'rainy season', there's no guarantee that we'll see rain anytime soon...

Blessings!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

that cool we need rain anytime just a little not a lot. But I know how it is not having AC anymore, I miss Ramona just for that. Since I moved here most of the houses have swap coolers. Its to expensive to have AC here. But I can say I love the rain but I hate the humidity. We have had one of those summers of rain and humidity. :( But I lived. Have a great rest of the summer!!!

Shannon said...

no better smell than the smell of rain!