CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today is a good day for....

Starting projects that have been on the back burner for some time now.

We painted our kitchen back in late 2000. About a year and a half ago, I noticed it needed some touch-ups. About the same time, I went back to work at the flower shop, and between that and taking care of Mary Kay, I was working 6 days a week, and certainly didn't feel like spending that coveted 7th day starting big projects.

Well, with the absolutely gorgeous weather we've been blessed with, I find myself this Saturday with nothing to do outside of the mundane, ho-hum everyday house work. I'm not in the mood for that. I'm in the mood to do something that you can actually SEE.

Jim's up in Riverside County today, and won't be home till later this afternoon, so after he left, and after sitting here for a couple of hours, I decided to get off my duff and actually get something accomplished.

So I pulled out my ever-faithful bucket, grabbed the Greased Lightening and TSP, and got busy scrubbing cupboards. Noticed a couple of needed repairs, so made them. Then got out the handy-dandy spackle and went to work. Took me a couple of hours to repair, scrub and spackle, but by gum I got it done, and now it's ready for that touch-up paint job.

Only drawback is that I have to wait 24 hours for the spackle to harden. Shucks, I'm in the mood to paint NOW...oh well, hopefully the mood will last, and I'll get it done tomorrow.

But for the rest of today, I will bask in the best weather in the world, and be thankful....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

im sure the "waiting for 24 hrs" is just a guideline.. paint it anyway :)

Penny said...

LOL...I wish. I just checked it. It's still a little tacky, so will wait until tomorrow. I can already see a difference though, just with the caulking I've done. It already looks cleaner & fresher...and it's only the cupboard doors!