CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Random Thoughts For A Sunday Afternoon

It's been a couple of hard weeks since my last post. A season of testing, and I must have passed the 'test', because God has blessed me with another client. And the schedule is perfect, because I can still keep Mary Kay in addition to this new lady. I still have all day Tuesday as a 'me' day, something that I love, love, love, because it's a day for PENNY, and what PENNY wants/needs to do. And I have Thur. mornings and Fri. afternoons free as well, but ahhh, that Tuesday. We're not supposed to 'covet' things, so I try to keep an open mind about Tuesdays. I also like to do whatever shopping I have to do during the week, because, as we all know, weekends are NOT good for shopping....ANYWHERE.

Am I getting older, or what? Don't answer that! I already know the answer! LOL...yes, I AM getting older, but far from decrepit, so don't start looking for my nursing home just yet you guys! Seems like it takes me longer to get my 'motor' running in the mornings than it used to. I generally get up about 30 minutes before Jim does on workday mornings, because it seems I need 1 cuppa, plus a 'warm-up' to clear the cobwebs and start functioning in a somewhat 'normal' fashion. On the weekends, you will typically find me still burrowed down in my jammies and the absolutely wonderful robe & slippers that Jessica got me for Christmas. It's SO hard to pull myself together and get dressed and active...but, I need to get back into church, so I need to start some self-discipline here..

Did our taxes online the other night, and now eagerly awaiting our nice return. That return means a desperately needed new roof. Once the roof is replaced, I can focus on scrubbing/ painting the water spots off the ceiling in our bedroom. Oh that leak....RIGHT over our bed-UGH. Our bedroom is very small, and we have a king size bed, so only 2 ways to arrange this room, and BOTH ways puts the middle of the bed right smack in the center of the room, which is exactly where the leaking is! NOT good, and in fact, last winter we actually had to sleep in the guest room for a few nights until it stopped raining enough for Jim to go out & put some plastic sheeting over said leak. The cats, which are NOT allowed in the guest room at all, were NOT happy that mom & dad were in that 'other' room. No more worries, kitties, mama's gettin' a new roof!

Watched Pey last night for a few hours while Katie went shopping with the gift cards she got for Christmas. Boy, that lil squirt can MOVE! Grandpa and I spent 4 hours RUNNING after her, literally! LOL...see, we have an accordion door that closes off the living room from the rest of the house. Typically we put our ice chest in the doorway when Peyton's there. That we we can get in & out of the kitchen, but said baby girl can only go as far as the ice chest. The ice chest is still at Brian & Katie's from our Fantasy Football party Friday night, so we though, 'well gee, she doesn't usually offer to go into any of the other rooms, so we're sure it'll be fine'.....NOT! LOL...she went exploring....the family room, the laundry room, the guest bathroom, the kitchen, and anywhere else she managed to make it to before her grandparents managed to catch up to her. It was such a game for her. She had a blast, and so did we.

This next Sat., if I'm lucky, I'll get to have Alissa & Justen. Dad & Jess have plans, so they'll get to hang with Grandma. I haven't seen them in almost 3 weeks, and I need a grandkid fix. I miss them so much. I'm trying to think of interesting and fun things to so while they're here, so if you have any ideas, by all means let me know! Given their choice, Justen would plant his face in Nickelodeon, and Alissa would be right here on the computer, playing games...then they'd switch...Alissa to Animal Planet, and Justen to the computer for more games....I'd like to do something different.

Well, that about wraps it up for now. Nothing exciting, just what the title implies: Random Thoughts. Have a good week...God Bless~

0 comments: