CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Day Blues

It's a perfect time to whine. It's likely to be a 'downer', so you may want to stop reading right here. If not, don't say I didn't warn you...LOL...

It's ugly outside. Gray, rainy, dreary. Matches my mood today, and I'm in the mood to whine.

Seems like bad news comes in droves. In my last blog, I wrote about my grandson Justen, and what he's facing with the revelation of the DiGeorge syndrome.

Last Friday my entire family was blown away by the news of our niece Tracey's husband Tim's sudden and TOTALLY unexpected death. Not yet 40. Went into the hospital for minor surgery. Complications set in, but they were able to get over that 'hump'. Friday Tracey shows up at the hospital to pick Tim up, only to be ushered into a private room and told that her husband has died. We are stunned. Tracey is coping as best she can, and especially hard is the fact that their 3 tiny boys are left without a daddy. And the heart breaker is that Zachary, their 6 week old newborn, will never know his daddy. Funeral is tomorrow, and of course our thoughts are with them, back there in Kentucky. Tracey would like to come out here and spend awhile with her parents, once everything settles down. I think it'd do her a world of good to be surrounded by her family. 29 is WAAAY to young to be a widow! RIP Tim, you will be missed.

Adding insult to injury, is Jessica's plight. She was playing with one of the dogs last night. She slipped and fell on her knee. POP! NOT good. Jimmy took her to the ER, then to the Orthopedist today. The diagnosis: A torn ACL-we're 99% sure she'll have to have surgery. Poor thing, I feel SO bad for her.

This is where the 'mom' in me tends to kick into high gear. I have to keep reminding myself that my kids are grown, and fully capable of handling their own situations, but that certainly doesn't stop me from wanting to step in and 'fix' everything. I know I can't, but when one of my kids (in-laws/grandkids included) are hurt or need something, I just want to run to them and make everything all better. I want to gather them all under my wings, like a mother hen with her chicks, and protect them from the evils of the world. I guess one never quits being a mom-thank God for that! I can't imagine what would happen if I were forced to give up that role!

Work....ahhhh....well, it halfway didn't happen today. I went and took care of my first gal this morning, came home & had lunch, then left to take care of my afternoon gal. Turns out they didn't need me because her daughter was home, and they forgot to call me. So here I am. It is what it is. Maybe tomorrow will be better. One can hope.

Stay home today if you can, it's just nasty out there~

0 comments: