CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

T.G.I. OVER!!

Thank GOD it's OVER! This past week felt like the week from hell. Both of my ladies had a bad week, and to top it off, Justen had to be rushed to the ER late Wed night for some health problems-he's ok now, thank God.

With this warm Santa Ana weather we've been having, there's always a price to pay. For me it's been allergies 24/7, and not much relief. Ah, but I SO love the temperatures, VERY welcome to me.

Uh-oh, weather change. This does NOT make my sinuses happy campers, so now on top of allergies, I have aching, miserable sinuses. Happens every time the barometric pressure changes.

Now, all of this combined with the drama that plagued me all stinkin' week long, it's no wonder that I woke up about 4am yesterday morning with the mother of all migraines. Yeesh, just great. I have SO much to do this weekend, and I do NOT have time for this. Fortunately, My migraines have dwindled over the years, and now only last a day or two, but boy oh boy...MAJOR pain. Anyone who has migraines on a regular basis knows exactly what I'm talking about.

But I need to get down the hill THIS weekend, or it'll be at least 2 more weeks before my schedule is free.....so off we go. First stop, Walmart, get what I need there, then off to Costco, and by the time we'd loaded 2 carts (spent a FORTUNE, but won't have to go back for 6 months! LOL), I told Jim, 'I've gotta get outta here, NOW'. By then I was going into 'inability to function' mode. Couldn't get outta there fast enough to suit me!

Got home and unloaded the van, made a quick trip to Kmart, then back home to fix dinner and get ready for our 'date night' to the movies with Alissa & Justen. By now my stomach has SERIOUS issues, and dinner was the LAST thing I wanted to smell...but I made it for them, and forced myself to eat a small helping, thinking that it'd maybe help settle the tummy some. WRONG. We left about 5:45 to head down to Escondido to the theatre. About halfway down the hill I'm thinking, 'Oh my God, I'm gonna lose my dinner.'...I grabbed a Dramamine that I'd wisely put in my purse, and took it with a sip of water, then focused on breathing in through my nose, and out through my mouth for the next 20 minutes or so, and by the time we got there, I was a tad better....BUT....now I had to 'GO'....oh cripes....I HATE 'going BIG' in a public restroom! Ok don't panic. Smart & Final is almost right next door, and they have a private little bathroom, so no worries. I ship Jim & the kids off to the box office and I head for Smart & Final...

About halfway through the movie 'Hotel For Dogs', which was a really cute movie, by the way, I started feeling better, and by the time we got back up the hill just after 9, I felt able to semi function, so I took the kids home & sat with them until Jimmy & Jess got home. Fortunately they came home soon, and i was home by 10.

Today, although still recovering, I am SO much better. Headache is 99% gone and I've gotten alot accomplished today.

We'll get results of Justen's blood work tomorrow too-and hopefully all that's wrong is a calcium deficiency that can be controlled with diet and calcium supplements, and he won't have any long-term effects from it...I'm praying for our little guy, as are alot of others.

Here's hoping that YOUR week is a good one!

0 comments: