CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Venting

Ok folks, I need to vent/state my opinion. Some of you may find what I have to say either harsh or hardhearted. The following is just MY opinion. I'm not here to argue my points. Just to vent.

Today 2 somebodies headed out of Ramona, on Hwy 67, not knowing it would be their last trip out of town alive. 2 somebodies that somebody else loved.

I check the Highway Patrol website several times a day. My son, daughter-in-law and daughter all drive to work via Hwy 67 every day. People I know and love drive that road either for pleasure or work every day.

Hwy 67 is NOT a 'bad road' as some have said. I've lived in Ramona for almost 46 of my 51 years, and cannot tell you how many times I've traveled that road. Too many times to count. If folks think it's a 'bad road' now, they should have been driving it 30 years ago! It WAS bad back then! 2 lane, VERY narrow. Dangerous. And years ago Hwy 67 between Ramona and Lakeside was tagged 'Slaughter Alley', with good reason.

No one can use that excuse today. It is NOT a bad road, period. Accidents happen, BUT, I don't consider it an 'accident' when someone is knowingly speeding, or driving drunk, or just not paying attention. There is NO excuse. I drive Hwy 67 frequently too, and let me tell you, I am just as guilty of speeding on that highway as anyone else. Many times I'll go 60-65, in the slow lane, and people pass me up like a dirty shirt right & left. I have determined that I will NOT do this any more. Yes, I know, people say that if you go too slow you may cause an accident. Very true, but whenever I can, I obey the speed laws. They were put there for a reason: to keep me and my loved ones ALIVE.

People, listen up. If we speed, and we cause an accident or are in an accident, we have no one to blame but ourselves! Driving is NOT a 'right'. It's a privilege. How would you feel if you caused an accident resulting in the death of someone, simply because you disregarded the speed limit?

PLEASE SLOW DOWN!

Someone loves you VERY much and would be devastated if you were killed because you were speeding. I'm not saying that everyone speeds. I don't know that for a fact. But I DO know that many do, without thought of consequences.

I also believe, with all my heart, that God sits in heaven, weeping for those who have disregarded the rules, and that He grieves right along with the loved ones left behind.

I choked up this morning when I read about the accident. Living in Ramona, the odds are pretty good that I've either heard of the people who died, or know someone who knows the people who died. Maybe I know them myself, and just haven't been notified yet. Whatever the case, my thoughts & prayers have been with the family and friends of those killed this morning.

My prayer today is that the Lord be with you as you get behind the wheel of your vehicle. That He set His angels before you, to make your path straight and safe, and that He keep you out of harm's way.

Come home safely. Somebody loves you.

Blessings~

1 comments:

Shannon said...

yeah I feel ya! I tetxed everyone this morning to make sure they were safe. I was at work and took the call. Crazy! and so sad for the families involved.