CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

Ahhh Spring.... How I love the new life 'springing' up all around me!

I know that technically, Spring doesn't arrive until March 20th. But convince the flowers, trees, bushes, and lawns that are already springing forth with new life that Spring hasn't quite 'arrived' yet. My mulberry trees have got buds on them, that will soon to turn into huge, beautiful leaves, and producing sweet, tasty berries with which to feed the little birdies that have gone elsewhere in search of food for the winter.
My Texas Umbrella trees are blooming too. During the winter, I affectionately refer to them as 'my 20ft. twigs'. Soon they will provide shade to my living room, blocking out the hot summer sun. Adorned with delicate white flowers, they really are a beautiful tree.
My lawn, which has lain dormant for months, is now growing. It's fescue, and is green year-round, but I know that Spring is definitely in the air when the lawn needs a 'haircut', fertilizing, and bug spray, so that it'll be lush, cushy, and bug-free for grandchildren to play on during the warm summer months.
I just got my propane tank filled for our gas BBQ grill-another sign that Spring is, indeed, in the air. Soon, the grill will come alive with chicken, carne asada, spareribs and other yummy summer BBQ-type meats, as the family once again gathers at mom & dad's for a meal together. Sweet times they are! Daylight Saving Time-another indication that Spring is here. I love DST....ok so it's still dark in the early morning hours, but hey, it's still LIGHT at 8pm! I love it when we decide to take a stroll after a hot day, and it's still light out enough to feel safe. Yep, a nice walk, then a quick stop at Mickey D's for a soft-serve cone to enjoy on the stroll home....gotta love it!

Driving around town, I see so much new life, and it gives me hope. Welcome Spring, I've missed you!

0 comments: