CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Jessica!

She's 29 again ;)

Jessica-our very special birthday 'girl'. Such a vital part of our family. From Day One she just fit right in.

Jessica is beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. And she's there when we need her. To be honest with you, I wasn't sure that Jimmy was going to find someone perfect for him. I'm glad I was wrong! Jess once told me, 'I'm not perfect, and Jimmy's not perfect, but somehow we fit perfectly together.' And they do.

It's been a rough 18 months or so for her. Between planning their wedding, then Jimmy & her both being injured and both having to have surgery, then finding out that the house they were renting was being sold right out from under them, not to mention the drama that daily life can bring, Jess has managed to take everything in stride and keep her attitude right. I admire her strength in the face of adversity. I'm SO not that way.

She's a wonderful cook, and has actually gotten her husband to eat some things that he wouldn't touch before he met her. She's the best step mom ever to Alissa & Justen. She truly loves them and cares for them, and it shows.

She's a wonderful daughter-in-law. I've told you before how blessed I am that she & Katie are members of our family. I still stand by that statement, and I know that'll be the case for decades to come.

This week she and Jimmy are heading off to Vegas baby! A long-awaited and VERY deserved few days away. A belated mini honeymoon, and much-needed R & R. I hope you guys have a blast! Don't worry about your 'boys'. Grandma will take good care of the grand dogs :)

I love you Jess....Happy Birthday Honey....

Mom

0 comments: